Frequently Asked Questions
On Demand If a Course is designated as "On Demand," you may access and view it at your convenience as many times as you wish within thirty (30) days after your registration date. Additionally, if designated in the applicable Course description, an On Demand Course may include access to a hands-on "product lab" for twenty-four (24) non-consecutive hours during such thirty (30) day period.
DevOps Simulation Workshop Workshop requires customer to provide an adequately sized class/meeting room to accommodate 16-20 participants and two instructors. If the minimum number of participants (16) is not met, the workshop cannot be held but is treated as delivered and fees are forfeited. Any cancelation or reschedule request must be in writing to Atlassian and are subject to the Refund policy (see below).
Tutorials If a Course is designated as "Tutorials," then you may access and view the content at your convenience as many times as you wish within your subscription period.
Below you will find pricing for the different training products offered by Atlassian University. Only credit cards and Training Credits are accepted here in the Training Portal.
On Demand (recorded/individual) Courses
- Less than 6 hours: $300
- 6 hours or more: $400
Team (Virtual live) Courses (up to 15 learners)
- Less than 6 hours: $3000
- 6 hours or more: $4500
DevOps Simulation Workshop (between 16-20 attendees is required)
- $10000 (Atlassian reserves the right to charge reasonable travel and expense fees upon your prior approval)
Team (Onsite live) Courses (up to 15 learners)
- $7500 (Atlassian reserves the right to charge reasonable travel and expense fees upon your prior approval)
- You can schedule either of the following on one business day
- Two Courses less than 4 hours, or
- One Course 6 hours or more
Training Credits are prepaid funds to be applied against the purchase of Atlassian University training ("Courses") available at https://training.atlassian.com during the Eligibility Period (defined below). To redeem Training Credits, you must make your purchase via credit card here https://training.atlassian.com and consume Courses through Atlassian’s designated platform in accordance with each Course’s availability timetable. Training Credits may not be applied against other purchases and cannot be combined with cash to purchase Courses. You are responsible for managing your training accounts and for any redemptions made using your accounts. Training Credits are applied against Atlassian’s standard training fees at the time of purchase of the Courses. Training Credits expire twelve (12) months from the date that your Training Credits order is accepted by Atlassian (“Eligibility Period”), regardless of the actual redemption/usage of credits. Unused Training Credits do not roll over and are non-transferable, non-creditable and non-refundable. The cost of 1 Training Credit is $1. There is a 20% discount for purchases of 20,000 credits or more; for example, 20,000 credits costs $16,000.
We offer a no-questions-asked refund on courses you do not schedule, attend, or view within thirty (30) days after purchase. However, refunds are not available for courses that you fail to properly reschedule as set forth above, or that you do not attend. To request a refund, please raise a ticket with Support.DevOps Simulation Workshop
If Atlassian cancels a workshop delivery, Atlassian will provide you the option to reschedule to a later available date that is within 12 months of the purchase date. Workshop sessions cancelled or rescheduled by customer within 15 business days of the scheduled delivery are subject to a 50% fee of the workshop purchase price. Cancellations or re-schedules within 5 business days are subject to a 100% fee of the workshop purchase price. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing.
Learning paths map out our recommendations for the order in which to take classes, according to your role. Prerequisites for each class are suggestions to consider as you gain experience through product usage.
Atlassian University's instructor-led courses are presented to students live online via video conferencing apps such as Zoom or WebEx and offer hands-on labs in a virtual lab environment. Each course follows a pre-defined workbook, series of lab exercises, objectives and topics delivered by an Atlassian Authorized Instructor. We also offer onsite training to companies looking to bring these same courses in-house to their teams.
If you’re unsure which platform you’re using, it’s easy to determine - here’s how:
- Open a browser window for your Jira or Confluence instance, and view the URL address.
- If the URL contains your_sitename.atlassian.net, then you are on a Cloud platform.
- If you do not see your_sitename.atlassian.net in the URL, you are using Server or Data Center.
For additional help, please contact the University team.
Try these basic troubleshooting steps:
- Log into the Training Portal from another browser and retry playback. Chrome users typically have the best experience.
- Note: An earlier version of Google Chrome (version 66.0.3359.170) enforced a policy that prevented audio from playing in eLearning modules. If you are using an older version of Chrome, update it before proceeding.
If you can only use Google Chrome version 66.0.3359.170, work around the policy by doing the following:
- Navigate to chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy
- On the first option, the autoplay-policy field is set to "Default". Change this option to "No user gestured required" and relaunch the browser.
- Note: An earlier version of Google Chrome (version 66.0.3359.170) enforced a policy that prevented audio from playing in eLearning modules. If you are using an older version of Chrome, update it before proceeding. If you can only use Google Chrome version 66.0.3359.170, work around the policy by doing the following:
- Restart the computer.
- Clear the browser's cookies and cache.
- If available, try another device.
If none of those steps resolve the trouble, please contact Support.
All the resources required for training are located inside the course. No additional information should be received separately.
For Cloud training:
- Request a cloud site from the Start here module in the course.
- Read the Steps to take this course instructions carefully. Locate the step that begins with "When you're ready to do the hands-on labs...".
- Click the link, enter your email address, and click Submit. You will be provided Atlassian Cloud site access information. If you need the login information again while still enrolled in the course, click the link and enter the same email address you used previously.
For Server training:
- Go to the Start here module in the course
- Select the Course Resources tab
- Click Launch on the virtual lab from there.
Do not login to Jira or Confluence instances using your personal credentials (i.e. your Atlassian ID).
Login information for the environment is provided in the lab workbook, which can be found under the Course Resources tab in your training portal.
With instructor-led and On Demand courses, each student will access a hosted lab machine for hands-on practice. The computer that they're using to access the hosted lab machine must be connected to a fast broadband Internet connection and have been pre-tested.
- Unrestricted Internet access is required: Banks, government, and financial networks are typically restricted, and require intervention from IT to work.
- Network Bandwidth for Classroom: > 150Kb/sec per user (e.g., > 1.5Mb/sec for 10 users)
- Network Response Time to CloudShare (see below): <150ms (>200ms will show lag time)
- Browser: FireFox or Chrome (HTML5 capable browser) - recent versions only!
- Click here for information on how to test whether your computer and network meet the requirements for accessing the virtual lab environments.
TEST #1: Verify that you can access the Jira login screen.
You don't need to log in; if you see the blue Jira login screen you're all set.
TEST #2: Make sure your computer can access the CloudShare lab environment.
Click this test page: http://use.cloudshare.com/test.mvc
Each student should also run the performance "Speed Test" from this Test page (interpret results below).
If students see the "All tests passed!" and the Speed Test produces good results, they're are all set.
If they change computer or location, they should re-test access.
Interpreting Speed Test Results
Bandwidth: Each student needs at least 100-150kbps, with
200-300kbps being good.
Latency (the lower the better, but): 50-75ms is very good, 76-99 good, but anything over 100ms will start to show minor lags. Packet loss: should always be 0%.
Still having trouble?
Contact us by reaching us here.
If your computer is unable to connect to Jira or Confluence URL, please try one or all of the following:
1) Try a different browser (Firefox, Safari or Chrome).
2) Disconnect from VPN.
3) Disconnect from the Proxy Server.
4) Connect to a different WiFi network (e.g.,. guest).
5) Change to a public area or conference room.
6) Try your home network.
CloudShare Corporate Network Requirements
At a minimum, your organization's firewall rules must allow access to certain TCP ports. Please place a request with your IT administrator for access using the following TCP ports and destination IP addresses.
PRIMARY ACCESS METHOD: HTTP Access Method
SECONDARY ACCESS METHOD: RDP Access Method (use only if method #1 fails)
- Test page: http://use.cloudshare.com/test.mvc
- 443 (Primary Connection)
- 3389 (RDP - Secondary Connection - Fail over)
- 5901 (VNC - Console Access)
- 22 (SSH - if you will be using a Linux VM)
- Destination networks: 23.29.99 / 24 66.175.100 / 22 66.175.101 / 22 69.195.213 / 22 69.195.214 / 22 69.195.215 / 22 69.195.232 / 22 69.195.233 / 22 69.195.234 / 22 69.195.235 / 22 70.105.82 / 22