Interested in learning the ins and outs of Portfolio for Jira? Join our course to get the full scoop on one of Atlassian's most powerful apps for Jira Software. From this course you'll get an introduction to Portfolio for Jira, a comprehensive overview of how the product works, and we'll share some best practices. The course walks you through building a roadmap based on work in Jira Software, forecasting release dates, managing team capacity, and creating and sharing reports on these important topics with stakeholders. This course also includes several hands-on labs giving you an opportunity to build and refine a Portfolio plan using sample data.
Should Cloud customers take this course? It depends. What you learn in this course about Portfolio for Jira applies to Jira Cloud. However, the UI and navigation in the course differ from the Cloud product you have. If you are OK with this, then you will benefit from taking this course.
Duration: 7 hours
Level: Introductory to intermediate
- Configure Jira Software to work optimally with Portfolio for Jira
- Create a roadmap based on data in Jira Software
- Maintain a live plan so it's always in sync with work happening in Jira Software
- Understand and manage team capacity through Portfolio for Jira
- Forecast when your project will ship or whether you'll be able to ship by a certain date
- Adjust scope, team velocity, and release timeline to understand impacts to your plan
- Clearly see how your work aligns to business strategy with "themes" and reporting in Portfolio for Jira
- Use reports to communicate with stakeholders about project progress and scenarios under consideration
- Use new levels of issue hierarchy to ensure epics and stories always map back to the big picture
- Program managers
- Project managers
- Product owners
- Product managers
- Development team managers using Jira Software
- Getting More from JIRA Software or equivalent experience with JIRA Software
- Experience with Agile Development
- Overview of Portfolio
- High level planning with Portfolio - manipulating the iron triangle to achieve results
- Configuring JIRA Software to support Portfolio hierarchies
- Creating a Plan
- Understanding and using the Portfolio schedule view
- Changing and managing scope
- Using dependencies
- Changing and managing releases
- Changing and managing teams
- Using stages and skills in your planning
- Getting the information you need with Portfolio reports
Anyone responsible for setting up a Jira Software project which includes:
What is Team Virtual format?
You can schedule a private class for your team of up to 12 at your convenience. Because it’s virtual and delivered over a WebEx session, your team can join from different locations, and there’s no travel required. All students get access to their own hosted lab environment during the class to perform guided exercises. They’ll have access to course materials prior to class so they can take notes during class, and they’re a great reference after the session.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.