Confluence Server Essentials (On Demand)
What is On Demand format?
On Demand courses are great if you like to learn on your own, at your own pace, and you want to get started right away. They include the same content and hands-on labs as our instructor-led classes, and you can access the recordings and demos for up to 30 days from your date of purchase. You can pause, skip and replay as much as you like. In this course, you’ll also get access to your own lab environment to perform guided exercises. You can access the lab environment for a total of 24 hours within the 30 days of course access. The 24-hour timer will start when you first access the lab environment, pause after 30 minutes of inactivity, and begin ticking down again each time the lab environment is resumed.
With On Demand courses, your training is available immediately and expires 30 days from the time of purchase (no exceptions). If you aren't sure when you'll start your course, we recommend that you buy training credits! With training credits you can redeem your courses whenever you want within that 1 year. While the 30 day clock still remains, you choose when to trigger the clock by choosing when to purchase your class.
Important Note: Once you use your training credits to buy an On Demand course, the 30 day clock begins on that date.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.
This course applies to Server/Data Center customers only (not Cloud).
You are faced with a new application called Confluence, and the buzz is that it's a great place to do your work and that it'll help you collaborate with others. But how does that happen? And how do you get started using Confluence? If you have these or similar questions, then this course is for you.
You'll learn the basics of Confluence, how to use it to create content and collaborate with co-workers. You'll first dive into the basics: creating, editing and formatting pages, adding different types of content like files, links and graphics, editing collaboratively and using the hidden power tool of Confluence – macros. But creating content is only half the story. You'll also get into the power-user realm, where you'll learn to organize content and to extend Confluence with other applications (available from the Marketplace). You'll also learn how to create content in Confluence to expose Jira information. This course will get you on the path to becoming a skilled Confluence power-user.
ObjectivesAfter attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Set-up your Confluence profile
- Create, format and edit pages
- Collaborate by commenting on and sharing pages
- Add other content to pages including images and files
- Manage pages by organizing hierarchically, moving and deleting
- Work with tables
- Use macros to make pages simple, beautiful, and more functional
- Work with page revisions
- Manage page restrictions
- Extend Confluence with Marketplace apps
- Export and import content
- In this course, you’ll also get access to your own lab environment to perform guided exercises. You can access the lab environment for a total of 24 hours within the 30 days of course access. The 24-hour timer will start when you first access the lab environment, pause after 30 minutes of inactivity, and begin ticking down again each time the lab environment is resumed.
- Please complete the survey to let us know how your course went.