Jira Automation (Cloud)
What is On Demand format?
On Demand courses are great if you like to learn on your own, at your own pace, and you want to get started right away. They include the same content and hands-on labs as our instructor-led classes, and you can access the recordings and demos for up to 30 days from your date of purchase. You can pause, skip and replay as much as you like. In this course, you’ll also get access to your own lab environment for up to 72 hours to perform guided exercises.
With On Demand courses, your training is available immediately and expires 30 days from the time of purchase (no exceptions). If you aren't sure when you'll start your course, we recommend that you buy training credits! With training credits you can redeem your courses whenever you want within that 1 year. While the 30 day clock still remains, you choose when to trigger the clock by choosing when to purchase your class.
Important Note: Once you use your training credits to buy an On Demand course, the 30 day clock begins on that date.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.
- Automating repetitive tasks
- Enforcing process consistency
- "Cleaning up" Jira projects
- Extending the out-of-the-box functionality of Jira
- Informing the team by sending messages
- Integrating with other products
- Plan your lab time - you have only 72 consecutive hours to complete all of the exercises.
- Please complete the survey to let us know how your course went.
Course descriptionLearn to reduce project complexity through well-crafted automation
Automation in Jira Cloud allows you to create automation rules based on dozens of triggers, extending the value of Jira and empowering your entire team to manage process consistency and productivity.
In this course, you’ll come to understand how powerful—and fun—this Jira Cloud feature can be. You’ll learn how to efficiently create automation rules with results that match your intentions and match your team’s work processes. Explore how to integrate Jira with other tools like Slack, email, Bitbucket, GitHub, and any webhook-enabled services.
ObjectivesAfter attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Describe reasons to automate Jira
- Create basic automation rules
- Administer automation rules
- Use smart values in automation rules
- Create advanced automation rules
- Use automation rules with other products
- Create Jira Service Desk rules
This course covers the Cloud platform of the product. To view the lectures and complete the labs for another platform, click “< Back to My Learning” on the top left to make another selection.