Planning with Advanced Roadmaps (previously Portfolio) Server (On Demand)
What is On Demand format?
On Demand courses are great if you like to learn on your own, at your own pace, and you want to get started right away. They include the same content and hands-on labs as our instructor-led classes, and you can access the recordings and demos for up to 30 days from your date of purchase. You can pause, skip and replay as much as you like. In this course, you’ll also get access to your own lab environment for up to 24 hours to perform guided exercises.
With On Demand courses, your training is available immediately and expires 30 days from the time of purchase (no exceptions). If you aren't sure when you'll start your course, we recommend that you buy training credits! With training credits you can redeem your courses whenever you want within that 1 year. While the 30 day clock still remains, you choose when to trigger the clock by choosing when to purchase your class.
Important Note: Once you use your training credits to buy an On Demand course, the 30 day clock begins on that date.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.
Interested in learning the ins-and-outs of Portfolio for Jira? This course gives you the full scoop on one of Atlassian's most powerful apps for Jira Software. You'll get an introduction to Portfolio for Jira, what it can do for you, how to use it and best practices. The course walks you through building a roadmap based on work in Jira Software–using Portfolio’s new planning experience–and shows you how you can constantly evolve your plan and respond to change. This course includes hands-on labs, giving you the opportunity to build and refine a Portfolio plan using sample data. In summary, this course provides a solid foundation in using Portfolio for Jira to visualize and manage work taking place in Jira Software across multiple teams and projects.
Before you begin, know your product version
Before you begin this course, you need to know what version of Portfolio for Jira you're using. If you don’t know, either:
- Ask your Jira Administrator, or
- Select “About Jira” from the Help menu in Jira. Find Portfolio for Jira, and you'll see the version listed there, for example v3.3.0.
- Plan your lab time – you have only 24 consecutive hours to complete all of the exercises.
- Please complete the survey to let us know how your course went.
This course applies to Jira Server/Data Center customers only (not Cloud).
Advanced Roadmaps for Jira is Agile roadmapping for the enterprise. With Advanced Roadmaps, you can create reliable forecasts of your work and at the same time keep track of current work across realistic schedules in an ever-changing environment, maintaining one source of truth. In this course, you gain a broad overview of the features of Advanced Roadmaps and learn how to use the improved planning interface to create a plan that reflects your reality. The labs provide hands-on experience making adjustments to scope, teams, and releases. You'll also learn how to safely test what-if scenarios to improve your long-term planning effectiveness.
ObjectivesAfter attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Configure Jira for effective Advanced Roadmaps support
- Create a plan that includes all of the initiatives and resources required to meet business goals
- Use the Scope tab to manipulate and manage issues and dependencies
- Use the Teams tab to manage human resources and their allocation to tasks
- Use the Release tab to manage release schedules
- Use colors to track how the teams are staying focused on key initiatives
- Use what-if scenarios to experiment with adjustments to improve plan performance
- Use views to show stakeholders plan progress and scenarios under consideration
- Use the program level views to monitor multiple plans
- Getting More from Jira Software Server or equivalent experience with Jira Software
- Experience with Agile Development
This course covers the Server platform of the product. To view the lectures and complete the labs for another platform, click “< Back to My Pathway” on the top left to make another selection.