Getting More from Jira Software Server (On Demand) eLearning
Helpful hints for On Demand purchases:
- You'll have access to each course for 30 days from date of purchase. Certification Prep courses have 120 days of access.
- If you're purchasing more than one course, you may want to purchase each one separately, to make sure you can complete each before its access period expires.
- An even better option is to purchase training credits (https://training.atlassian.com/catalog/credit) and then use them to register for each course when you're ready. This way the timer starts when you're ready to go.
The eLearning is priced at $ 400.00 USD per participant
This course focuses on the Agile project team. Project Managers and Product Owners learn how to turn customer feedback into a well organized backlog and how to ensure that estimation statistics are giving them the information they need.
Scrum masters and board admins learn how to configure boards to meet all project requirements, regardless of the complexity of the project. Developers learn how to use and log time against sub-tasks. The entire team experiences the benefits of JIRA Software's integration with development and collaboration tools, for the purpose of monitoring sprints and planning releases. They also learn how to maximize Jira's reporting capabilities.
Should Cloud customers take this course? No. We will have a replacement course later this year.
Duration: 7 hours
ObjectivesAfter attending this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify the person/role who can configure a change
- Turn issues from your feedback loop into a well organized, prioritized backlog
- Explain the differences between Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, and Kanplan process methodologies
- Articulate what the filter query must do to give you the issues you need on your board
- Articulate the requirements for a filter query and workflow needed for your team's Scrum board
- Set estimation tracking statistics to meet your requirements
- Use, and log time to subtasks
- Explain what a "scrum of scrums" is and who would use it
- Describe the purpose and benefit of the Release Hub
- Analyze reports and glean information from them that can be fed back into sprint planning to improve efficiency
- Implement dashboards that enable members of the project team to recognize problems and address them in a timely manner
Experienced Jira Agile users, Jira administrators, agile project/program managers, scrum masters, software development project owners and developers - Applies to Jira Software.
- Getting Started with Jira Agile/Software (or equivalent experience)
- Basic working knowledge of Jira Software
- Projects and project teams
- Backlog management (including for Kanban)
- Sprint planning
- Running the sprint
- Release management
What is On Demand format?
On Demand courses are great if you like to learn on your own, at your own pace, and you want to get started right away. They include the same content and hands-on labs as our instructor-led classes, and you can access the recordings and demos for up to 30 days from your date of purchase. You can pause, skip and replay as much as you like. You’ll also get access to your own lab environment for a 24-hour timeframe to perform guided exercises.
Not sure when you'll start your course? On Demand courses are available immediately and expire 30 days from the time of purchase (no exceptions). So, if you're not sure when you'll be able to start your class, click HERE to buy the course with training credits! While it requires an additional step for you to log into our training portal to manually start your class, it's worth it if you'd prefer the flexibility of pausing the 30 day clock until you're ready to begin. Training credits, unlike On Demand courses, are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.
The items below "Materials" will complement your course.
Please remember for your Virtual lab that you will only have 24 hours to complete the lab.
When you have completed the course please submit a survey here to let us know how your course went.
This class is offered in various formats:
Before you Purchase: If you're not sure when you'll start your On Demand course, purchase it using training credits instead. Otherwise the 30-day clock starts ticking when you purchase from here. See details below.