Jira Administration: Getting a service desk up and running (On Demand) eLearning
Helpful hints for On Demand purchases:
- You'll have access to each course for 30 days from date of purchase. Certification Prep courses have 120 days of access.
- If you're purchasing more than one course, you may want to purchase each one separately, to make sure you can complete each before its access period expires.
- An even better option is to purchase training credits (https://training.atlassian.com/catalog/credit) and then use them to register for each course when you're ready. This way the timer starts when you're ready to go.
The eLearning is priced at $ 400.00 USD per participant
This course gives you a solid introduction to getting a service desk up and running using Jira Service Desk. You'll get hands-on experience performing the most crucial configuration tasks to set up your service desk. Topics include configuring and branding your customer portal, creating queues and SLAs for your service team, linking a knowledge base, adding participants, and automating your service desk. The course includes a variety of business use cases to assist you in understanding Jira Service Desk administration, and best practices are emphasized for each topic.
Should Cloud customers take this course? It depends. What you learn in this course applies to Jira Service Desk Cloud. However, there are some differences The UI and navigation in the course differs from the Cloud product you have. If you are OK with this, then you will benefit from taking this course.
Duration: 7 hours
Level: Introductory to intermediate
ObjectivesAfter attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Create a service desk project
- Set up request types
- Create queues
- Create service level agreement (SLA) metrics
- Link your service desk to a Confluence knowledge base
- Add an email account
- Brand your customer portal and global help desk
- Add agents, customers, and other Jira users
- Create and customize automation rules
Anyone responsible for setting up a Jira Service Desk project which includes:
- Jira Administrators
- Service Desk Administrators
- Service Desk Managers
- Team Managers
- IT Managers
- If you're solely responsible for setting up a Jira Service Desk project, there are no prerequisites.
- If you're also responsible for setting up Jira company-wide, you should have completed Jira Administration Part 1 or have equivalent experience.
- Introduction to Jira Service Desk
- Creating a service desk
- Setting up request types for your customers
- Creating queues for your service teams
- Creating service level agreement (SLA) metrics
- Linking your service desk to a Confluence knowledge base
- Adding an email address to accept email requests from your customers
- Branding your customer portal and global help desk
- Adding agents, customers, and other Jira users to your service desk
- Automating your service desk
What is On Demand format?
On Demand courses are great if you like to learn on your own, at your own pace, and you want to get started right away. They include the same content and hands-on labs as our instructor-led classes, and you can access the recordings and demos for up to 30 days from your date of purchase. You can pause, skip and replay as much as you like. You’ll also get access to your own lab environment for a 24-hour timeframe to perform guided exercises.
Not sure when you'll start your course? On Demand courses are available immediately and expire 30 days from the time of purchase (no exceptions). So, if you're not sure when you'll be able to start your class, click HERE to buy the course with training credits! While it requires an additional step for you to log into our training portal to manually start your class, it's worth it if you'd prefer the flexibility of pausing the 30 day clock until you're ready to begin. Training credits, unlike On Demand courses, are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.
The items below "Materials" will complement your course.
Please remember for your Virtual lab that you will only have 24 hours to complete the lab.
When you have completed the course please submit a survey here to let us know how your course went.
This class is offered in various formats:
Before you Purchase: If you're not sure when you'll start your On Demand course, purchase it using training credits instead. Otherwise the 30-day clock starts ticking when you purchase from here. See details below.