Jira Administration Part 1: Getting up and running (On Demand) eLearning
Helpful hints for On Demand purchases:
- You'll have access to each course for 30 days from date of purchase. Certification Prep courses have 120 days of access.
- If you're purchasing more than one course, you may want to purchase each one separately, to make sure you can complete each before its access period expires.
- An even better option is to purchase training credits (https://training.atlassian.com/catalog/credit) and then use them to register for each course when you're ready. This way the timer starts when you're ready to go.
The eLearning is priced at $ 400.00 USD per participant
Here you learn the most important tasks to set up a new Jira instance (Jira Software, Jira Core or Jira Service Desk). You get hands-on experience performing the administration tasks that are common to all three Jira applications.
Topics include a solid introduction to the following areas of Jira Administration: user management, global and project permissions, project roles, and the configuration of issue types, workflows, and screens. You also learn how to share project configuration by taking advantage of the power of schemes. The course includes a variety of business use cases to assist you in understanding Jira administration, and best practices are emphasized for each topic.Duration: 8 hours
- Configure system settings
- Set up users and groups
- Configure global permissions
- Create and configure projects
- Create issue types
- Update workflows
- Edit fields and screens
- Configure project permissions and roles
- Share project configurations
This course is designed for new Jira administrators. This includes anyone who administers Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, and/or Jira Core.
- Jira Essentials course or equivalent experience using Jira - you should have a basic understanding of projects, issues, issue types, and workflow
- You should know the basics of using the Jira application(s) you have - Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, and/or Jira Core
- Optional - Getting Started with Jira Software course - if you use Jira Software
- System settings
- User and group management
- Configuring global permissions
- Project creation and configuration
- Issue types
- Fields and screens
- Project permissions and roles
- Sharing project configurations
- Introduction to schemes
What is On Demand format?
On Demand courses are great if you like to learn on your own, at your own pace, and you want to get started right away. They include the same content and hands-on labs as our instructor-led classes, and you can access the recordings and demos for up to 30 days from your date of purchase. You can pause, skip and replay as much as you like. You’ll also get access to your own lab environment for a 24-hour timeframe to perform guided exercises.
Not sure when you'll start your course? On Demand courses are available immediately and expire 30 days from the time of purchase (no exceptions). So, if you're not sure when you'll be able to start your class, click HERE to buy the course with training credits! While it requires an additional step for you to log into our training portal to manually start your class, it's worth it if you'd prefer the flexibility of pausing the 30 day clock until you're ready to begin. Training credits, unlike On Demand courses, are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.
This class is offered in various formats:
Before you Purchase: If you're not sure when you'll start your On Demand course, purchase it using training credits instead. Otherwise the 30-day clock starts ticking when you purchase from here. See details below.