JIRA Administration Part 2: Taking it to the next level (On Demand) eLearning
This course follows on from the JIRA Administration Part 1 course. It continues the same case study and goes deeper into the administration tasks covered in Part 1, focusing on JIRA Software and JIRA Core.
This course will explore more complex schemes (only permission and notification schemes were covered in Part 1), more advanced workflow configuration as well as board and sprint permissions. The course is structured around a case study where an organization creates a set of configurations and schemes to apply to new projects and existing in progress projects. Real world examples and and best practices are emphasized.
- Ask stakeholders the right questions to extract the business requirements
- Map business requirements to JIRA configurations
- Create issue types, fields, and screens to make it easy for your teams to get their work done
- Customize workflows to match how your teams work
- Configure who can manage sprints and administer boards
- Create a set of standard schemes and configurations to use for new and existing projects
- Establish JIRA administration best practices
- Be a JIRA Superhero!
This course is designed for new JIRA Software Administrators who administer JIRA Software and/or JIRA Core.
- JIRA Essentials
- Getting Started with JIRA Software
- JIRA Administration Part 1: Getting up and running
Note: If it's been a while since you attended JIRA Administration Part 1, you might want to review the materials before this class
- Mapping your business requirements into JIRA
- Configuring issue types, fields, screens and their associated schemes
- Customizing workflows with conditions, validators, and post functions
- Configuring board and sprint permissions
- Applying configurations to new and existing projects
What is On Demand format?
On Demand courses are great if you like to learn on your own, at your own pace, and you want to get started right away. They include the same content and hands-on labs as our instructor-led classes, and you can access the recordings and demos for up to 30 days from your date of purchase. You can pause, skip and replay as much as you like. You’ll also get access to your own lab environment for a 24-hour timeframe to perform guided exercises.
Not sure when you'll start your course? On Demand courses are available immediately and expire 30 days from the time of purchase (no exceptions). So, if you're not sure when you'll be able to start your class, click HERE to buy the course with training credits! While it requires an additional step for you to log into our training portal to manually start your class, it's worth it if you'd prefer the flexibility of pausing the 30 day clock until you're ready to begin. Training credits, unlike On Demand courses, are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.
This class is offered in various formats:
Before you Purchase: If you're not sure when you'll start your On Demand course, purchase it using training credits instead. Otherwise the 30-day clock starts ticking when you purchase from here. See details below.