Jira Server Essentials (On Demand) eLearning
Helpful hints for On Demand purchases:
- You'll have access to each course for 30 days from date of purchase. Certification Prep courses have 120 days of access.
- If you're purchasing more than one course, you may want to purchase each one separately, to make sure you can complete each before its access period expires.
- An even better option is to purchase training credits (https://training.atlassian.com/catalog/credit) and then use them to register for each course when you're ready. This way the timer starts when you're ready to go.
The eLearning is priced at $ 300.00 USD per participant
You are brand new to Jira, not sure what the product does, and word has it, there are multiple Jira products. How do you get started using Jira? How will it help you with your work and help your team collaborate? If you have these or similar questions, then this course is for you.
In this course, you'll learn about the three Jira products: Jira Core, Jira Software and Jira Service Desk. You'll get comfortable with Jira through hands-on experience performing the most common tasks, working through real-life scenarios on a preconfigured instance of Jira. You'll learn who typically performs which tasks and why, by experiencing Jira through different user roles. You'll also learn the basics of managing and tracking team issues and projects. You'll return to your jobs feeling confident that you can get started with and use the right Jira product in your everyday work.
Should Cloud customers take this course? No.
Duration: 4.2 hours
ObjectivesAfter attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Create a Jira issue and progress it through the workflow
- Monitor the issue status as it flows through the workflow using search
- Describe how issues are organized in Jira
- Save a search to simplify status requests
- Modify existing issues, changing priority and assignees
- Update multiple issues in one operation to align with changing business requirements
- Create Pie Chart reports to communicate user utilization and issue complexity
- Communicate progress of project tasks using the Jira dashboard
- Submit service desk request using the Customer Portal
- Organize service desk requests using queues
- Move agile software development issues through the workflow using a Scrum board
- Communicate project process using agile specific reports
This course is designed for new Jira users: product managers, project administrators, Jira application administrators, developers, and system administrators. Jira experience or issue tracking application experience is not required. This class or equivalent experience is highly recommended as a precursor for all other Jira courses.
- Introduction to Jira
- Jira Projects
- Tasks & Issues
- Working on Issues
- Jira Search
- Reports & Dashboards
- Jira Software & Jira Service Desk Specifics
What is On Demand format?
On Demand courses are great if you like to learn on your own, at your own pace, and you want to get started right away. They include the same content and hands-on labs as our instructor-led classes, and you can access the recordings and demos for up to 30 days from your date of purchase. You can pause, skip and replay as much as you like. You’ll also get access to your own lab environment for a 24-hour timeframe to perform guided exercises.
Not sure when you'll start your course? On Demand courses are available immediately and expire 30 days from the time of purchase (no exceptions). So, if you're not sure when you'll be able to start your class, click HERE to buy the course with training credits! While it requires an additional step for you to log into our training portal to manually start your class, it's worth it if you'd prefer the flexibility of pausing the 30 day clock until you're ready to begin. Training credits, unlike On Demand courses, are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.
The items below "Materials" will complement your course.
Please remember for your Virtual lab that you will only have 24 hours to complete the lab.
When you have completed the course please submit a survey here to let us know how your course went.
This class is offered in various formats:
Before you Purchase: If you're not sure when you'll start your On Demand course, purchase it using training credits instead. Otherwise the 30-day clock starts ticking when you purchase from here. See details below.