Jira Essentials (On Demand) eLearning
Helpful hints for On Demand purchases:
- You'll have access to each course for 30 days from date of purchase. Certification Prep courses have 120 days of access.
- If you're purchasing more than one course, you may want to purchase each one separately, to make sure you can complete each before its access period expires.
- An even better option is to purchase training credits (https://training.atlassian.com/catalog/credit) and then use them to register for each course when you're ready. This way the timer starts when you're ready to go.
The eLearning is priced at $ 300.00 USD per participant
In this course, attendees learn how Jira is organized and gain hands-on experience working with the Jira application by performing the most common tasks.
Attendees work through real-life scenarios using a preconfigured instance of Jira. By logging in to Jira as users with various job roles and Jira roles, attendees gain an understanding of who typically performs which tasks and why. After attending this course, attendees will learn the basics of managing and tracking team issues and projects. They will return to their jobs with increased confidence and a better command of often-used Jira features.
Duration: 3.5 hours
ObjectivesAfter attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Create a Jira issue and progress it through the workflow
- Monitor the issue status as it flows through the workflow using search
- Describe how issues are categorized in Jira
- Save a search to simplify status requests
- Modify existing issues, changing priority and assignees
- Update multiple issues in one operation to align with changing business requirements
- Use versions to coordinate a product release
- Communicate progress of project tasks using the Jira dashboard.
This course is designed for novice or new Jira users, product managers, project administrators, Jira application admins, and system admins. Jira experience or issue tracking systems is not required. This class is a prerequisite for all other Jira courses.
- What is Jira?
- Jira roles
- Navigating Jira
- Issues Hierarchy
- Managing Issues
- Workflow Concepts
- Version management
What is On Demand format?
On Demand courses are great if you like to learn on your own, at your own pace, and you want to get started right away. They include the same content and hands-on labs as our instructor-led classes, and you can access the recordings and demos for up to 30 days from your date of purchase. You can pause, skip and replay as much as you like. You’ll also get access to your own lab environment for a 24-hour timeframe to perform guided exercises.
Not sure when you'll start your course? On Demand courses are available immediately and expire 30 days from the time of purchase (no exceptions). So, if you're not sure when you'll be able to start your class, click HERE to buy the course with training credits! While it requires an additional step for you to log into our training portal to manually start your class, it's worth it if you'd prefer the flexibility of pausing the 30 day clock until you're ready to begin. Training credits, unlike On Demand courses, are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.
This class is offered in various formats:
Before you Purchase: If you're not sure when you'll start your On Demand course, purchase it using training credits instead. Otherwise the 30-day clock starts ticking when you purchase from here. See details below.