Realizing the Power of Jira Reporting and Dashboards (On Demand)
Helpful hints for On Demand purchases:
- You'll have access to each course for 30 days from date of purchase. Certification Prep courses have 365 days of access.
- If you're purchasing more than one course, you may want to purchase each one separately, to make sure you can complete each before its access period expires.
- An even better option is to purchase training credits (https://training.atlassian.com/catalog/credit) and then use them to register for each course when you're ready. This way the timer starts when you're ready to go.
The eLearning is priced at $ 400.00 USD per participant
This course is for those who are new to Jira dashboards and reports.
You'll learn how to use Jira Software's out-of-the box reporting and dashboard capabilities to view and assess progress and bottlenecks within projects. In hands-on exercises, you'll create and configure a project dashboard and learn how to configure dashboard gadgets. You’ll also learn how to read Jira Software reports, configure a wallboard, and create a multi-project dashboard. The course discusses dashboard best practices and pitfalls and how to ensure your reporting reflects the right metrics at the right time. This course should put you on the path to using one of Jira Software's core strengths: displaying project status visually on fully customizable dashboards.
Should Cloud customers take this course? It depends. What you learn in this course about Jira reports and dashboards applies to Jira Cloud. However, the UI and navigation in the course differ from the Cloud product you have. If you are OK with this, then you will benefit from taking this course.
Duration: 6 hours
ObjectivesAfter attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Create and configure reports
- Create reports to answer business questions
- Configure appropriate access to reports
- Create and configure dashboards
- Create gadgets and dashboards to answer business questions
- Use filters as the data sources for dashboards
- Create and configure Wallboards
- Share dashboards
- Read and interpret reports and gadgets
- Select the appropriate report/gadget to answer a question, given a scenario
- Use a Jira gadget within Confluence
Jira Project managers, Scrum Masters, Product owners and Jira software users
Basic familiarity of Jira SW to include:
- Navigating through the UI
- Viewing Boards
- Viewing Issues
- Basic understanding of Jira Workflows
- Basic understanding of Jira Filters to include
- Sharing filters with other Jira users
- Setting filter permissions
- Using the Advanced JQL editor to enter filter queries
- Jira/Confluence report integration
- Jira filters as gadget data sources
- Sharing Jira information
What is On Demand format?
On Demand courses are great if you like to learn on your own, at your own pace, and you want to get started right away. They include the same content and hands-on labs as our instructor-led classes, and you can access the recordings and demos for up to 30 days from your date of purchase. You can pause, skip and replay as much as you like. You’ll also get access to your own lab environment for a 24-hour timeframe to perform guided exercises.
With On Demand courses, your training is available immediately and expires 30 days from the time of purchase (no exceptions). If you aren't sure when you'll start your course, we recommend that you buy training credits! With training credits you can redeem your courses whenever you want within that 1 year. While the 30 day clock still remains, you choose when to trigger the clock by choosing when to purchase your class!
Important Note: Once you use your training credits to buy an On Demand course, the 30 day clock begins on that date.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.
The items below "Materials" will complement your course.
Please remember for your Virtual lab that you will only have 24 hours to complete the lab.
When you have completed the course please submit a survey here to let us know how your course went.
This class is offered in various formats:
Before you Purchase: If you're not sure when you'll start your On Demand course, purchase it using training credits instead. Otherwise the 30-day clock starts ticking when you purchase from here. See details below.