Planning with Portfolio for Jira (On Demand) eLearning
Helpful hints for On Demand purchases:
- You'll have access to each course for 30 days from date of purchase. Certification Prep courses have 120 days of access.
- If you're purchasing more than one course, you may want to purchase each one separately, to make sure you can complete each before its access period expires.
- An even better option is to purchase training credits (https://training.atlassian.com/catalog/credit) and then use them to register for each course when you're ready. This way the timer starts when you're ready to go.
The eLearning is priced at $ 400.00 USD per participant
Interested in learning the ins and outs of Portfolio for Jira? Join our course to get the full scoop on one of Atlassian's most powerful apps for Jira Software. From this course you'll get an introduction to Portfolio for Jira, a comprehensive overview of how the product works, and we'll share some best practices. The course walks you through building a roadmap based on work in Jira Software, forecasting release dates, managing team capacity, and creating and sharing reports on these important topics with stakeholders. This course also includes several hands-on labs giving you an opportunity to build and refine a Portfolio plan using sample data.
Duration: 7 hours
Level: Introductory to intermediate
- Configure Jira Software to work optimally with Portfolio for Jira
- Create a roadmap based on data in Jira Software
- Maintain a live plan so it's always in sync with work happening in Jira Software
- Understand and manage team capacity through Portfolio for Jira
- Forecast when your project will ship or whether you'll be able to ship by a certain date
- Adjust scope, team velocity, and release timeline to understand impacts to your plan
- Clearly see how your work aligns to business strategy with "themes" and reporting in Portfolio for Jira
- Use reports to communicate with stakeholders about project progress and scenarios under consideration
- Use new levels of issue hierarchy to ensure epics and stories always map back to the big picture
Anyone responsible for setting up a Jira Software project which includes:
- Program managers
- Project managers
- Product owners
- Product managers
- Development team managers using Jira Software
- Getting More from JIRA Software or equivalent experience with JIRA Software
- Experience with Agile Development
- Overview of Portfolio
- High level planning with Portfolio - manipulating the iron triangle to achieve results
- Configuring JIRA Software to support Portfolio hierarchies
- Creating a Plan
- Understanding and using the Portfolio schedule view
- Changing and managing scope
- Using dependencies
- Changing and managing releases
- Changing and managing teams
- Using stages and skills in your planning
- Getting the information you need with Portfolio reports
What is On Demand format?
On Demand courses are great if you like to learn on your own, at your own pace, and you want to get started right away. They include the same content and hands-on labs as our instructor-led classes, and you can access the recordings and demos for up to 30 days from your date of purchase. You can pause, skip and replay as much as you like. You’ll also get access to your own lab environment for a 24-hour timeframe to perform guided exercises.
Not sure when you'll start your course? On Demand courses are available immediately and expire 30 days from the time of purchase (no exceptions). So, if you're not sure when you'll be able to start your class, click HERE to buy the course with training credits! While it requires an additional step for you to log into our training portal to manually start your class, it's worth it if you'd prefer the flexibility of pausing the 30 day clock until you're ready to begin. Training credits, unlike On Demand courses, are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.