Planning with Portfolio for Jira (On Demand)
Helpful hints for On Demand purchases:
- You'll have access to each course for 30 days from date of purchase. Certification Prep courses have 365 days of access.
- If you're purchasing more than one course, you may want to purchase each one separately, to make sure you can complete each before its access period expires.
- An even better option is to purchase training credits (https://training.atlassian.com/catalog/credit) and then use them to register for each course when you're ready. This way the timer starts when you're ready to go.
The eLearning is priced at $ 400.00 USD per participant
Interested in learning the ins-and-outs of Portfolio for Jira? This course gives you the full scoop on one of Atlassian's most powerful apps for Jira Software. You'll get an introduction to Portfolio for Jira, what it can do for you, how to use it and best practices. The course walks you through building a roadmap based on work in Jira Software–using Portfolio’s new planning experience–and shows you how you can constantly evolve your plan and respond to change. This course includes hands-on labs, giving you the opportunity to build and refine a Portfolio plan using sample data. In summary, this course provides a solid foundation in using Portfolio for Jira to visualize and manage work taking place in Jira Software across multiple teams and projects.
Should Cloud customers take this course? It depends. What you learn in this course about Portfolio for Jira applies to Jira Cloud. However, the UI and navigation in the course differ from the Cloud product you have. If you are OK with this, then you will benefit from taking this course.
Duration: 7 hours
Level: Introductory to intermediate
- Configure Jira Software to work optimally with Portfolio for Jira
- Create a roadmap based on data in Jira Software
- Maintain a live plan so it's always in sync with work happening in Jira Software
- Understand and manage team capacity through Portfolio for Jira
- Forecast when your project will ship or whether you'll be able to ship by a certain date
- Adjust scope, team velocity, and release timeline to understand impacts to your plan
- Clearly see how your work aligns to business strategy with "themes" and reporting in Portfolio for Jira
- Use reports to communicate with stakeholders about project progress and scenarios under consideration
- Use new levels of issue hierarchy to ensure epics and stories always map back to the big picture
Anyone responsible for setting up a Jira Software project which includes:
- Program managers
- Project managers
- Product owners
- Product managers
- Development team managers using Jira Software
- Getting More from Jira Software or equivalent experience with Jira Software
- Experience with Agile Development
- Overview of Portfolio
- High level planning with Portfolio - manipulating the iron triangle to achieve results
- Configuring Jira Software to support Portfolio hierarchies
- Creating a Plan
- Understanding and using the Portfolio schedule view
- Changing and managing scope
- Using dependencies
- Changing and managing releases
- Changing and managing teams
- Using stages and skills in your planning
- Getting the information you need with Portfolio reports
What is On Demand format?
On Demand courses are great if you like to learn on your own, at your own pace, and you want to get started right away. They include the same content and hands-on labs as our instructor-led classes, and you can access the recordings and demos for up to 30 days from your date of purchase. You can pause, skip and replay as much as you like. You’ll also get access to your own lab environment for a 24-hour timeframe to perform guided exercises.
With On Demand courses, your training is available immediately and expires 30 days from the time of purchase (no exceptions). If you aren't sure when you'll start your course, we recommend that you buy training credits! With training credits you can redeem your courses whenever you want within that 1 year. While the 30 day clock still remains, you choose when to trigger the clock by choosing when to purchase your class!
Important Note: Once you use your training credits to buy an On Demand course, the 30 day clock begins on that date.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.
The items below "Materials" will complement your course.
Please remember for your Virtual lab that you will only have 24 hours to complete the lab.
When you have completed the course please submit a survey here to let us know how your course went.