Planning with Portfolio for Jira (On Demand) eLearning
If you're baffled at why your issues appear where they do in the Portfolio schedule, this course is for you! You'll not only gain a broad overview of the features of Portfolio for Jira, but you'll learn how the scheduling algorithm weighs various criteria when it calculates the timeline. The labs provide hands on experience making adjustments to scope, teams, and releases. You'll also learn how to safely test what-if scenarios to improve your long-term planning effectiveness.
Duration: 7 hours
Level: Introductory to intermediate
- Configure JIRA for effective Portfoliio support
- Create a plan that includes all the initiatives and resources required to meet business goals
- Use the Scope tab to manipulate and manage issues and dependencies
- Use the Teams tab to manage human resources and their allocation to tasks
- Use the Release tab to manage release schedules
- Use themes to track how the teams are staying focused on key initiatives
- Use what-if scenarios to experiment with adjustments to improve plan performance
- Use reports to show stakeholders plan progress and scenarios under consideration
Anyone responsible for setting up a Jira Service Desk project which includes:
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Product owners
- Product managers
- Development team managers using Jira Software
- Getting More from JIRA Software or equivalent experience with JIRA Software
- Experience with Agile Development
- Overview of Portfolio
- High level planning with Portfolio - manipulating the iron triangle to achieve results
- Configuring JIRA Software to support Portfolio hierarchies
- Creating a Plan
- Understanding and using the Portfolio schedule view
- Changing and managing scope
- Using dependencies
- Changing and managing releases
- Changing and managing teams
- Using stages and skills in your planning
- Getting the information you need with Portfolio reports
What is On Demand format?
On Demand courses are great if you like to learn on your own, at your own pace, and you want to get started right away. They include the same content and hands-on labs as our instructor-led classes, and you can access the recordings and demos for up to 30 days from your date of purchase. You can pause, skip and replay as much as you like. You’ll also get access to your own lab environment for a 24-hour timeframe to perform guided exercises.
Not sure when you'll start your course? On Demand courses are available immediately and expire 30 days from the time of purchase (no exceptions). So, if you're not sure when you'll be able to start your class, click HERE to buy the course with training credits! While it requires an additional step for you to log into our training portal to manually start your class, it's worth it if you'd prefer the flexibility of pausing the 30 day clock until you're ready to begin. Training credits, unlike On Demand courses, are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.