In class, each student will access a hosted lab machine for hands-on practice. The computer that they're using to access the hosted lab machine must be able to access a fast broadband Internet connection and have been pre-tested.
- Unrestricted Internet access is required: Banks, government, and financial networks are typically restricted, and require intervention from IT to work.
- Network Bandwidth for Classroom: >150Kb/sec per user (e.g., > 1.5Mb/sec for 10 users)
- Network Response Time to CloudShare (see below): <150ms (>200ms will show lag time)
- Browser: FireFox or Chrome (HTML5 capable browser) - recent versions only!
- See how to test whether your computer and network are adequate (next question).
- TEST #1: Verify that you can access either the JIRA or Confluence login screens.
You don't need to log in; if you see the blue JIRA or Confluence login screen you're all set!
- TEST #2: Make sure your computer can access the CloudShare lab environment.
Click this test page: http://use.cloudshare.com/test.mvc
Each student should also run the performance "Speed Test" from this Test page (interpret results below).
If students see the "All tests passed!" and the Speed Test produces good results, they're are all set.
If they change computer or location, they should re-test access.
- Interpreting Speed Test Results Bandwidth: Each student needs at least 100-150kbps, with 200-300kbps being good.
Latency (the lower the better, but): 50-75ms is very good, 76-99 good, but anything over 100ms will start to show minor lags. Packet loss: should always be 0%.
- Still having trouble?
Contact CloudShare support by email: email@example.com or visit https://support.cloudshare.com.
If your computer is unable to connect to JIRA or Confluence URL, please try one or all of the following:
1) Try a different browser (Firefox, Safari or Chrome).
2) Disconnect from VPN.
3) Disconnect from the Proxy Server.
4) Connect to a different WiFi network (e.g.,. guest).
5) Change to a public area or conference room.
6) Try your home network.
CloudShare Corporate Network Requirements
At a minimum, your organization's firewall rules must allow access to certain TCP ports. Please place a request with your IT administrator for access using the following TCP ports and destination IP addresses.
PRIMARY ACCESS METHOD: HTTP Access Method
8080 (JIRA) Test = http://uvo1xcxqp0urd769yca.env.cloudshare.com:8080/jira
- 8010 Confluence Test = http://uvo1xcxqp0urd769yca.env.cloudshare.com:8010/confluence
SECONDARY ACCESS METHOD: RDP Access Method (use only if method #1 fails)
- Test page: http://use.cloudshare.com/test.mvc
- 443 (Primary Connection)
- 3389 (RDP - Secondary Connection - Fail over)
- 5901 (VNC - Console Access)
- 22 (SSH - if you will be using a Linux VM)
- Destination networks: 23.29.99 / 24 66.175.100 / 22 66.175.101 / 22 69.195.213 / 22 69.195.214 / 22 69.195.215 / 22 69.195.232 / 22 69.195.233 / 22 69.195.234 / 22 69.195.235 / 22 70.105.82 / 22