Getting More from Jira Software Server (Public Virtual)
This course focuses on the Agile project team. Project Managers and Product Owners learn how to turn customer feedback into a well organized backlog and how to ensure that estimation statistics are giving them the information they need.
Scrum masters and board admins learn how to configure boards to meet all project requirements, regardless of the complexity of the project. Developers learn how to use and log time against sub-tasks. The entire team experiences the benefits of Jira Software's integration with development and collaboration tools, for the purpose of monitoring sprints and planning releases. They also learn how to maximize Jira's reporting capabilities.
Should Cloud customers take this course? No. We will have a replacement course later this year.
Duration: 7 hours
ObjectivesAfter attending this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify the person/role who can configure a change
- Turn issues from your feedback loop into a well organized, prioritized backlog
- Explain the differences between Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, and Kanplan process methodologies
- Articulate what the filter query must do to give you the issues you need on your board
- Articulate the requirements for a filter query and workflow needed for your team's Scrum board
- Set estimation tracking statistics to meet your requirements
- Use, and log time to subtasks
- Explain what a "scrum of scrums" is and who would use it
- Describe the purpose and benefit of the Release Hub
- Analyze reports and glean information from them that can be fed back into sprint planning to improve efficiency
- Implement dashboards that enable members of the project team to recognize problems and address them in a timely manner
This course is for Jira Project Managers, product owners, scum masters, and dev team members who want to know how to get the most out of their Agile development using Jira Software.
- Getting Started with Jira Agile/Software (or equivalent experience)
- Basic working knowledge of Jira Software
- Projects and project teams
- Backlog management (including for Kanban)
- Sprint planning
- Running the sprint
- Release management
What is Public Virtual format?
Enjoy real-time interaction with an instructor and students from other companies in our public classes. We offer them virtually, and you join a WebEx session at a scheduled time. No travel is required - you can join from wherever you want, as long as you have a good Internet connection. You’ll also get access to your own lab environment during the class to perform guided exercises. You’ll have access to course materials prior to class so you can take notes during class, and they’re a great reference after the session..
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.