Getting More from Jira Workflows (Public Virtual)
Do you want to learn how to configure and customize Jira workflows? In this course you'll discover advanced workflow features like conditions, validators, post functions, triggers, and commonly used status and transition properties. You'll learn workflow best practices and how to find solutions to common workflow requirements using real business scenarios. By the end of this hands-on course, you'll be able to build more effective Jira workflows by using all available workflow features. By the way, the concepts taught here apply to workflows in all Jira products.
Should Cloud customers take this course? It depends. What you learn in this course about Jira workflows applies to Jira Cloud Classic projects. (This course is not applicable to NextGen projects). However, the UI and navigation in the course differ from the Cloud product you have. If you are OK with this, then you will benefit from taking this course.
Duration: 8 hours
ObjectivesAfter attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Use advanced workflow features
- Deal with complex workflow requirements
- Implement best practices for creating and managing workflows
This course is primarily designed for Jira administrators who are new to customizing workflows. However anyone who's responsible for, or interested in, designing and maintaining business processes and translating real-world business needs into Jira workflow requirements can benefit from taking this course.
Atlassian University's Jira Admin Parts 1 & 2 or equivalent. You should also be comfortable with:
- Managing users / groups / roles
- Creating and using screens, fields, projects, issues, and schemes
- Creating and using workflow statuses, transitions and schemes
- Reviewing basic workflow concepts and configuration
- Addressing complex real-world process requirements using Jira workflows
- Creating conditions and validators
- Automating your workflows with post functions
- Triggering transitions
- Extending workflows with properties
- Implementing best practices using advanced workflow features
What is Public Virtual format?
Enjoy real-time interaction with an instructor and students from other companies in our public classes. We offer them virtually, and you join a WebEx session at a scheduled time. No travel is required - you can join from wherever you want, as long as you have a good Internet connection. You’ll also get access to your own lab environment during the class to perform guided exercises. You’ll have access to course materials prior to class so you can take notes during class, and they’re a great reference after the session..
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.