Jira Server Administration: Getting a service desk up and running (Public Virtual)
This course gives you a solid introduction to getting a service desk up and running using Jira Service Desk. You'll get hands-on experience performing the most crucial configuration tasks to set up your service desk.
Topics include configuring and branding your customer portal, creating queues and SLAs for your service team, linking a knowledge base, adding participants, and automating your service desk. The course includes a variety of business use cases to assist you in understanding Jira Service Desk administration, and best practices are emphasized for each topic.
Should Cloud customers take this course? It depends. What you learn in this course applies to Jira Service Desk Cloud. However, there are some differences The UI and navigation in the course differs from the Cloud product you have. If you are OK with this, then you will benefit from taking this course.
Duration: 7 hours
Level: Introductory to intermediate
After attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Create a service desk project
- Set up request types
- Create queues
- Create service level agreement (SLA) metrics
- Link your service desk to a Confluence knowledge base
- Add an email account
- Brand your customer portal and global help desk
- Add agents, customers, and other Jira users
- Create and customize automation rules
Anyone responsible for setting up a Jira Service Desk project which includes:
- Jira Administrators
- Service Desk Administrators
- Service Desk Managers
- Team Managers
- IT Managers
If you're solely responsible for setting up a Jira Service Desk project, there are no prerequisites.
- If you're solely responsible for setting up a Jira Service Desk project, there are no prerequisites.
- If you're also responsible for setting up Jira company-wide, you should have completed Jira Administration Part 1 or have equivalent experience.
- Introduction to Jira Service Desk
- Creating a service desk
- Setting up request types for your customers
- Creating queues for your service teams
- Creating service level agreement (SLA) metrics
- Linking your service desk to a Confluence knowledge base
- Adding an email address to accept email requests from your customers
- Branding your customer portal and global help desk
- Adding agents, customers, and other Jira users to your service desk
- Automating your service desk
What is Public Virtual format?
Enjoy real-time interaction with an instructor and students from other companies in our public classes. We offer them virtually, and you join a WebEx session at a scheduled time. No travel is required - you can join from wherever you want, as long as you have a good Internet connection. You’ll also get access to your own lab environment during the class to perform guided exercises. You’ll have access to course materials prior to class so you can take notes during class, and they’re a great reference after the session..
Each student uses an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises and must be prepared and able to access a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer. We provide the classes through WebEx.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.