Learn Jira Basics
Learn Jira Basics
Your Jira experience differs, based on how your organization has deployed it. You may be running in the Cloud or as a Server deployment, so enroll for whichever you’re using. To determine which you’re using, open a browser with your Jira instance and view the URL address. If the URL includes your_sitename.atlassian.net, you’re on a Cloud platform (acme.atlassian.net would be a Cloud instance). If not, then you’re on Server.
Total Play Time: 73 min
Are you new to Jira? Start here for the basics. You'll learn about the products that make up Jira (Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, and Jira Core), what each one is used for, and who uses them. You'll also learn what projects and issues are, how issues get done in Jira, how to find issues, how to see what's being done using reports and dashboards, and how to navigate in Jira. By the end of this series you'll know enough to get up and running with Jira!
Anyone who wishes to learn about Jira.
- What's Jira? (9 min)
- What's a Project? (15 min)
- What's an Issue? (12 min)
- How Do I Get Issues Done? (10 min)
- How Do I Find Issues? (12 min)
- How Do I See What's Being Done? (15 min)
If you can control your own Internet Explorer settings, you can fix this by enabling font downloads. Here’s how:
1. In Internet Explorer, click the gear icon or the Tools menu, then choose Internet options.
2. When the Internet Options window appears, select the Security tab, choose the Internet zone, and click Custom level.
3. When the Security Settings window appears, scroll to the Downloads section and enable the Font download setting.
4. Click OK twice to save your settings, then close and reopen Internet Explorer.
There is an issue specific to the latest version of Google Chrome (66.0.3359.170) that prevents audio from playing in eLearning modules. This is caused by a policy enforced by Google on the Chrome web browser; further information can be found in this article. To work around this issue, you may do the following: