Getting More from Jira Workflows (Team Virtual)
In this intermediate-level course, you'll learn advanced workflow features and best practices for configuring them. Workflow features include post-functions, conditions, validators and commonly used status and transition properties.
You'll work to find solutions to common requirements coming from real business scenarios that Jira administrators face on a daily basis. By the end of class, you'll be able to build more effective Jira workflows by using all available workflow features.
Duration: 8 hours
- Distinguish between the following advanced workflow features, create, implement and test each on functioning workflows: conditions, validators, post-functions, properties
- Design workflow solutions for common business (process) requirements using the advanced workflow features mentioned above
This course is designed for new Jira Software Administrators who administer Jira Software and/or Jira Core.
Atlassian University's Jira Admin Parts 1 & 2 or equivalent. You should also be comfortable with:
- Managing users / groups / roles
- Creating and using screens, fields, projects, issues, and schemes
- Creating and using workflow statuses, transitions and schemes
- Basic workflow concepts review (e.g., schemes, general terminology)
- Modify workflows to address business requirements using conditions, validators, post-functions, properties
- Best practice for using the following advanced workflow features (including 3rd party add-ons): conditions, validators, post-functions, properties
- Use transition-based and status-based workflow properties (e.g., to apply status-based permissions)
- Address complex real-world process requirements using Jira workflows (e.g., establish an approval process)
What is Team Virtual format?
You can schedule a private class for your team of up to 12 at your convenience. Because it’s virtual and delivered over a WebEx session, your team can join from different locations, and there’s no travel required. All students get access to their own hosted lab environment during the class to perform guided exercises. They’ll have access to course materials prior to class so they can take notes during class, and they’re a great reference after the session.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.