Introduction to Agile Development with JIRA and Bitbucket (Team Virtual)
This course combines the power of JIRA and JIRA Agile with Bitbucket and Bamboo, enabling developers to integrate all aspects of Agile software development. Through a case study and hands-on approach, attendees learn how to use feature-driven development and custom workflows to produce higher quality software, faster. Topics covered include connecting issues in JIRA to code, using pull requests in Bitbucket for peer code reviews, and configuring Bamboo to automatically build, test and merge new feature branches.
Duration: 4 hours
After attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Identify each component of the Atlassian developer tool set
- Describe the purpose of each component
- Describe how each component is used in the software development process
- JIRA Agile
- Bitbucket Server (formerly Stash)
- Use each component to do a set of typical tasks in a case study software development project
Program/product/project managers, technical managers, business analysts, developers, testers, and anyone interested in learning about effective agile techniques.
Be familiar with basics of JIRA and Agile software development. Experience with Git.
- Components of the Atlassian Developer Tools product set
- Purpose of each component
- How each component is used in the software development process
What is Team Virtual format?
You can schedule a private class for your team of up to 12 at your convenience. Because it’s virtual and delivered over a WebEx session, your team can join from different locations, and there’s no travel required. All students get access to their own hosted lab environment during the class to perform guided exercises. They’ll have access to course materials prior to class so they can take notes during class, and they’re a great reference after the session.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.