Jira Server Administration Part 1: Getting up and running (Team Virtual)
In this course, you learn the most important tasks to set up a new Jira instance (Jira Software, Jira Core or Jira Service Desk). You get hands-on experience performing the administration tasks that are common to all three Jira applications.
Topics include a solid introduction to the following areas of Jira Administration: user management, global and project permissions, project roles, and the configuration of issue types, workflows, and screens. You also learn how to share project configuration by taking advantage of the power of schemes. The course includes a variety of business use cases to assist you in understanding Jira administration, and best practices are emphasized for each topic.
Should Cloud customers take this course? It depends. What you learn in this course applies to Jira Cloud. However, there are some differences. For the Cloud platform, user and group management has moved to an area called Site Administration. The course does not cover the new Independent projects and their administration. Finally, the UI and navigation in the course differs from the Cloud product you have. If you are OK with these differences, then you will benefit from taking this course.Duration: 8 hours
ObjectivesAfter attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Configure system settings
- Set up users and groups
- Configure global permissions
- Create and configure projects
- Create issue types
- Update workflows
- Edit fields and screens
- Configure project permissions and roles
- Share project configurations
This course is designed for new Jira administrators. This includes anyone who administers Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, and/or Jira Core.
- Jira Essentials course or equivalent experience using Jira - you should have a basic understanding of projects, issues, issue types, and workflow.
- You should know the basics of using the Jira application(s) you have - Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, and/or Jira Core.
- Optional - Getting Started with Jira Software course - if you use Jira Software.
- System settings
- User and group management
- Configuring global permissions
- Project creation and configuration
- Issue types
- Fields and screens
- Project permissions and roles
- Sharing project configurations
- Introduction to schemes
What is Team Virtual format?
You can schedule a private class for your team of up to 12 at your convenience. Because it’s virtual and delivered over a WebEx session, your team can join from different locations, and there’s no travel required. All students get access to their own hosted lab environment during the class to perform guided exercises. They’ll have access to course materials prior to class so they can take notes during class, and they’re a great reference after the session.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.