Jira Server Essentials (Team Virtual)
You are brand new to Jira, not sure what the product does, and word has it, there are multiple Jira products. How do you get started using Jira? How will it help you with your work and help your team collaborate? If you have these or similar questions, then this course is for you.
In this course, you'll learn about the three Jira products: Jira Core, Jira Software and Jira Service Desk. You'll get comfortable with Jira through hands-on experience performing the most common tasks, working through real-life scenarios on a preconfigured instance of Jira. You'll learn who typically performs which tasks and why, by experiencing Jira through different user roles. You'll also learn the basics of managing and tracking team issues and projects. You'll return to your jobs feeling confident that you can get started with and use the right Jira product in your everyday work.
Should Cloud customers take this course? No.
Duration: 4.2 hours
ObjectivesAfter attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Create a Jira issue and progress it through the workflow
- Monitor the issue status as it flows through the workflow using search
- Describe how issues are organized in Jira
- Save a search to simplify status requests
- Modify existing issues, changing priority and assignees
- Update multiple issues in one operation to align with changing business requirements
- Create Pie Chart reports to communicate user utilization and issue complexity
- Communicate progress of project tasks using the Jira dashboard
- Submit service desk request using the Customer Portal
- Organize service desk requests using queues
- Move agile software development issues through the workflow using a Scrum board
- Communicate project process using agile specific reports
This course is designed for new Jira users: product managers, project administrators, Jira application administrators, developers, and system administrators. Jira experience or issue tracking application experience is not required. This class or equivalent experience is highly recommended as a precursor for all other Jira courses.
- Introduction to Jira
- Jira Projects
- Tasks & Issues
- Working on Issues
- Jira Search
- Reports & Dashboards
- Jira Software & Jira Service Desk Specifics
What is Team Virtual format?
You can schedule a private class for your team of up to 12 at your convenience. Because it’s virtual and delivered over a WebEx session, your team can join from different locations, and there’s no travel required. All students get access to their own hosted lab environment during the class to perform guided exercises. They’ll have access to course materials prior to class so they can take notes during class, and they’re a great reference after the session.
Not sure when you'll start your course? On Demand courses are available immediately and expire 30 days from the time of purchase (no exceptions). So, if you're not sure when you'll be able to start your class, click HERE to buy the course with training credits! While it requires an additional step for you to log into our training portal to manually start your class, it's worth it if you'd prefer the flexibility of pausing the 30 day clock until you're ready to begin. Training credits, unlike On Demand courses, are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.