JIRA Essentials (Team Virtual)
In this course, attendees learn how JIRA is organized and gain hands-on experience working with the JIRA application by performing the most common tasks.
Attendees work through real-life scenarios using a preconfigured instance of JIRA. By logging in to JIRA as users with various job roles and JIRA roles, attendees gain an understanding of who typically performs which tasks and why. After attending this course, attendees will learn the basics of managing and tracking team issues and projects. They will return to their jobs with increased confidence and a better command of often-used JIRA features.
Duration: 3.5 hours
- Create a JIRA issue and progress it through the workflow
- Monitor the issue status as it flows through the workflow using search
- Describe how issues are categorized in JIRA
- Save a search to simplify status requests
- Modify existing issues, changing priority and assignees
- Update multiple issues in one operation to align with changing business requirements
- Use versions to coordinate a product release
- Communicate progress of project tasks using the JIRA dashboard
This course is designed for novice or new JIRA users, product managers, project administrators, JIRA application admins, and system admins. JIRA experience or issue tracking systems is not required. This class is a prerequisite for all other JIRA courses.
- What is JIRA?
- JIRA roles
- Navigating JIRA
- Issues Hierarchy
- Managing Issues
- Workflow Concepts
- Version management
What is Team Virtual format?
You can schedule a private class for your team of up to 12 at your convenience. Because it’s virtual and delivered over a WebEx session, your team can join from different locations, and there’s no travel required. All students get access to their own hosted lab environment during the class to perform guided exercises. They’ll have access to course materials prior to class so they can take notes during class, and they’re a great reference after the session.
Each student uses an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises and must be prepared and able to access a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer. We provide the classes through WebEx. Or you may provide your own meeting host.Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.