Realizing the Power of Jira Reporting & Dashboards (Team Virtual)
This course is for those who are new to Jira dashboards and reports.
You'll learn how to use Jira's out-of-the box reporting and dashboard capabilities to view and assess progress and bottlenecks within projects. In hands-on exercises, you'll create and configure a project dashboard and learn how to configure dashboard gadgets. You’ll also learn how to read Jira Software reports, configure a wallboard, and create a multi-project dashboard. The course discusses dashboard best practices and pitfalls and how to ensure your reporting reflects the right metrics at the right time. This course should put you on the path to using one of Jira's core strengths: displaying project status visually on fully customizable dashboards.
Should Cloud customers take this course? It depends. What you learn in this course about Jira reports and dashboards applies to Jira Cloud. However, the UI and navigation in the course differ from the Cloud product you have. If you are OK with this, then you will benefit from taking this course.
Duration: 6 hours
- Create and configure reports
- Create and configure dashboards
- Use filters as the data sources for dashboards
- Select the appropriate report/gadget to answer a question, given a scenario
- Read and interpret reports and gadgets
- Select gadgets for use in Wallboards
- Create and configure Wallboards
- Use a Jira gadgets within Confluence
- Configure appropriate access to reports
- Share dashboards
Jira Project Managers, Scrum Masters, and Jira software users
- Basic familiarity of Jira SW to include:
- Navigating through the UI
- Viewing Boards
- Viewing Issues
- Basic understanding of Jira Workflows
- Basic understanding of Jira Filters to include
- Sharing filters with other Jira users
- Setting filter permissions
- Using Advanced editor to enter filter query
- Jira/Confluence report integration
- Jira filters as gadget data sources
- Sharing Jira Information
What is Team Virtual format?
You can schedule a private class for your team of up to 12 at your convenience. Because it’s virtual and delivered over a WebEx session, your team can join from different locations, and there’s no travel required. All students get access to their own hosted lab environment during the class to perform guided exercises. They’ll have access to course materials prior to class so they can take notes during class, and they’re a great reference after the session.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.