Planning with Portfolio for Jira (Team Virtual)
Portfolio for Jira is Agile roadmapping for the enterprise. With Portfolio for Jira, you can create reliable forecasts of your work and at the same time keep track of current work across realistic schedules in an ever-changing environment, maintaining one source of truth. In this course, you gain a broad overview of the features of Portfolio for Jira and learn how to use the improved planning interface to create a plan that reflects your reality. The labs provide hands-on experience making adjustments to scope, teams, and releases. You'll also learn how to safely test what-if scenarios to improve your long-term planning effectiveness.
Duration: ~6 hours
Level: Introductury to intermediate
- Overview of Portfolio
- High-level planning with Portfolio - manipulating the iron triangle to achieve results
- Configuring JIRA Software to support Portfolio hierarchies
- Creating a Plan
- Understanding and using the Portfolio schedule view
- Changing and managing scope
- Using dependencies
- Changing and managing releases
- Changing and managing teams
- Creating and using colors
- Getting the information you need with Portfolio views
- Configure JIRA for effective Portfolio support
- Create a plan that includes all of the initiatives and resources required to meet business goals
- Use the Scope tab to manipulate and manage issues and dependencies
- Use the Teams tab to manage human resources and their allocation to tasks
- Use the Release tab to manage release schedules
- Use colors to track how the teams are staying focused on key initiatives
- Use what-if scenarios to experiment with adjustments to improve plan performance
- Use views to show stakeholders plan progress and scenarios under consideration
- Use the program level views to monitor multiple plans
What is Team Virtual format?
You can schedule a private class for your team of up to 12 at your convenience. Because it’s virtual and delivered over a WebEx session, your team can join from different locations, and there’s no travel required. All students get access to their own hosted lab environment during the class to perform guided exercises. They’ll have access to course materials prior to class so they can take notes during class, and they’re a great reference after the session.
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.